This guidance will be followed from January 2016, as discussed at the Parent Information Meetings in September 2015.
- Spelling tests and practice should be in cursive script
- Dictated sentences will be part of the test
- There will be no mark if dictated sentences do not include a capital letter and full stop.
- Unless parents have had specific contact from teachers, if children do not make a reasonable attempt at using cursive writing in the test, the spelling will be marked wrong
- A bonus point will be given if ALL words in the dictated sentences are spelt correctly.